The purpose of this trial is to evaluate the safety and efficacy of an investigational vaccine in reducing the chances of getting sick due to C. diff.
- Are 50 years old or over
- Have had at least 2 visits to the emergency room, or had a hospitalization of at least 2 nights in the last 12 months, or
- Have a planned hospitalization that will require a stay of 2 or more nights or
- Are a resident of a nursing facility or
- Have had at least 10 outpatient visits in the last 12 months or
- Have received oral or injectable antibiotics within the last 12 weeks.